Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Recent Favorites: Linky Love!


Ty and I literally did nothing new last week! We have had plenty of older activities to keep us busy, I spent a lot of time preparing the house to move (though it looks like now that's on hold), and we spent a large amount of time socializing and visiting various parks. We've been working on a few new things this week, but nothing I'm ready to share yet. On the other hand, I've really enjoyed several blogs and specific posts by others recently and wanted to share them with all of you.

I've been wanting to create a post about what Montessori essentially is for many months, but always found it such a huge project that I never got far. Deb at "Living Montessori Now" took on the daunting challenge and (not surprisingly) did an amazing job with it! Her post is great for showing family and those interested in Montessori the basics of the philosophy. You can find this particular post here.

I just adore this two part series about selecting thoughtful toys for your children by Jessica at "Our Montessori Home". A must read! "Toys and the Child": Part One and Part Two.

I also wanted to share a new-to-me blog with all of you who enjoy doing art projects with your kiddos. Getting Messy With Ms Jessi is full of great ideas from her own classroom, as well as those that link-up with her. I can't wait to try so many of her ideas with Ty!

A great new Montessori blog discovery I've made (just today!/) is Carrots are Orange. Two pages in and I'm already quite inspired!

I'm not sure if I've shared this blog with my readers or not, but I've often been asked about Montessori for really young children and I've found that Montessori House  is a great place to find simple ideas for infants and toddler, especially if you're newer to practicing the philosophy at home. The latest posts talks about exploring autumn with your child.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Jen! Those are some awesome resources and I appreciate being included! Have a great weekend! :) Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

    ReplyDelete